Friday, February 1, 2008

Great idea! Thanks, Shelton.

I guess first order of business is to let everyone know about Dad's news. After a meeting last Friday evening (1-25-08) including Dad, Shelton and me with Susan Vincent who is the Hickory area franchise owner of Home Instead, we have committed to having a companion/care giver to visit with Dad once a week for three hours on Thursday mornings. Yesterday was their first visit and they accomplished a monumental task--CLEANING OUT THE FRIDGE!! Their duties can range from laundry to cooking, driving to doctor's appointments or shopping, housekeeping, even gardening (this sold us on their service!), basically whatever he needs help with. We are confident this will not only help Dad, but give Shelton and I more peace of mind that he is safe and secure living alone. Along with more regular visits from all of us, he should be well looked after.

Love to hear from everyone,

Michaele

1 comment:

Shelton Drum said...

Dang! Michaele beat me to it. That was going to be my first real post, but see it does work!

I hope everyone will join in and keep the family abreast of what's going on at your house!